R2D2 on God, 42, the Universe and everything else
  
  

HowdyTelstra-Dave

Have been battling this for quite a while on my new Telstra Dave device, as well as on my Samsung GalaxyTab10 2.

When attempting to use the default mail client with my Exchange Server 2003, it will try to sync, then crash. Repeatedly.

Net seems to be full off similar complaints about Android 4.1.x

“Unfortunately, Exchange Services has stopped”

“Corporate email (Exchange) not syncing after 4.1.2 update”

“MS Exchange fails with Android 4.1.2 Update”

“Exchange ActiveSync issues 4.1”

I’ve tried the disable sync/remove account/re-enable sync suggestion but didn’t work for me, so here is how I got it working on both my devices…

 

You will need root…

For  Telstra Dave 4.1.2 here is how to get it http://www…

Reset your handset to factory before rooting it – for me the root tool (copy available here) didn’t work until I did that.

 

OK, so now your device is rooted.

In order:

1. Remove your existing CORPORATE account -go to settings, accounts – remove

2. Disable your Sync – Settings, Data usage, , untick AutoSync data.

3. Remove the stock Exchange Services and Email clients. I used SystemApp Remover

4. Download the Exchange.apk and Email.apk  (alternatively, grab the zip file from http://forum… – make  sure you get the CM 9 Email Exchange on. You will have to extract the apks on your SD card)

5. Place them on your device storage (SD card or internal

6. Install them. You can install them with Google’s security verifier tool, just to make 100% sure – they will pass fine.

7. Setup your exchange and let it sync

8. Re-enable your Sync – Settings, Data usage, , re-tick AutoSync data.

And that’s that…